Looking to the future from the start
RTA's company history

History

RTA’s company history goes back to a time before the invention of the diesel engine. Even back then, we were driven by the same things that make us successful today: finding innovative solutions that pave the way into a challenging future, for our customers and for us.

St. Aegyd

Gaggenau

1794

Foundation of the company “St. Egyder Eisen- und Stahlindustrie-Gesellschaft”

1928

Foundation of the company ROTH-TECHNIK GmbH

1978

The enterprise Voest Alpine Werkzeug & Draht AG

1962

Commencement of silencer development and production

1982

Commencement of silencer development and production

1990

Acquisition of the former VASTAG (Voest Alpine St. Aegyd AG) by ROTH-TECHNIK GmbH and change of name to “ROTH-TECHNIK AUSTRIA Ges.m.b.H.” (RTA)

End of 1996

Management buy-out by Dipl.-Ing. Armin Angele

Since then

Independent, owner-managed company

2014

Production operation through RTA GmbH

2017

Relocation of our Product Development to Rastatt